Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Reversible Hobo Bag - Sew Be It!



I'm a crocheter, beginner/intermediate knitter, and a wannabe sewer.  This past summer I dug out my machine and took some lessons from a good friend of mine who is a seamstress.  She makes it look so easy.  I've attempted a couple of projects.  One is unfinished.  Two need to be ripped out and done over.  I had to put them on the back burner as I was getting too frustrated.  I also chose knits to start with....huge mistake.  Yesterday I was determined to make something and complete it.  I came across this pattern for a reversible hobo bag by ::verypurpleperson:: .  I was searching a for simple....very simple.... beginner pattern to make sure I'd get the job done.  I dug through my fabric and found a couple of pieces that were enough for the pattern.  It's simple enough for the beginner but since I'm premie at this it took me all day to do.  After a cursing dialogue with my machine (a little oiling helps) my machine ran smoothly and so did the rest of this project.  I was pretty happy with the outcome.   I guess determination and being hellbent helps.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment